Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Victories and Defeat


This past weekend was full of victories and defeats. Chris and I planned a day at the beach and a boat excursion for whale watching. We both love to be on the water and what better place than the Pacific Ocean. We booked a two hour trip. I could not go. I couldn't get on the boat. It was just a little tour boat and I had to really step up and over the side (which I was unable to do). So with plenty of tears of defeat, the boat sailed with us.

For the past 25 years I've not been able to bend my knees much. And I one of my meds is making me swell more than usual. So for me to bend my leg enough to get on the boat was impossible. I think 25 years of frustration came out and I just cried for awhile on the beach. The day was not a total loss. We were driving back to Lincoln City and I saw the biggest display of kites. It was fun. Chris and I just watched the kites and beach for quite awhile. I of course took plenty of photographs.

In fact we were so inspired we decided to drive back to the beach the next day. We live about 2 hours away. The victory part of the weekend is ... I've not had that kind of energy in years. I was actually able to drive to the beach and back and enjoy my time at the beach. Got plenty of photographs, spend some wonderful time with Chris and still have energy left when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment